Ridgewater’s Veterinary Technology program is academically rigorous, and it takes a highly motivated individual to succeed. Students must have better than average ability to master a sizeable course load of scientific and medical material in a relatively short time.
A high school diploma or equivalent is necessary for acceptance into Ridgewater College, in addition, Veterinary Technology students are required to have:
- 1 year of high school Biology and Chemistry with a ‘C’ grade or above
- Be at College Level Reading:
- 2.6 cumulative HS GPA, or
- ACT Reading section score of 21 or higher, or
- Next Generation Accuplacer Reading 250, or
- Take English 0980 and English 1209
- Have demonstrated knowledge of Math/Algebra:
- 2.8 GPA, or
- ACT Math score of 22 or higher, or
- Accuplacer Advanced Algebra & Functions- 220, or
- Take Math 0990 with a ‘C’ grade or higher
*Students who have already graduated from high school may complete one semester of approved college-level Biology and Chemistry with a ‘C’ grade or above.
Students who have taken college level coursework should contact Admissions Office.
Although not an admissions requirement, we strongly encourage students to spend at least one week in a veterinary environment shadowing a veterinary technician.