Ridgewater’s Veterinary Technology program is academically rigorous, and it takes a highly motivated individual to succeed. Students must have better than average ability to master a sizeable course load of scientific and medical material in a relatively short time.
A high school diploma or equivalent is necessary for acceptance into Ridgewater College, in addition, Veterinary Technology students are required to have:
- 1 year of high school Biology and Chemistry with a ‘C’ grade or above
- Be at College Level Reading:
- 2.6 cumulative HS GPA, or
- ACT Reading section score of 21 or above, or
- Next Generation Accuplacer Reading score of 250, or
- Take English 0980 and English 1209 with a ‘C’ grade or above
- Have demonstrated knowledge of Math/Algebra:
- 2.8 GPA and C- or above in Algebra 2, or
- ACT Math score of 22 or above, or
- Accuplacer Advanced Algebra & Functions score of 250, OR score of 236 or above and 2.7 GPA or above, or
- Take Math 0990 with a ‘C’ grade or above
*One semester of college-level Biology and Chemistry with a ‘C’ grade or above may be used in place of the high school requirement.
Students who have taken college level coursework should contact Admissions Office.
Although not an admissions requirement, we strongly encourage students to spend at least one week in a veterinary environment shadowing a veterinary technician.