Learn why Ridgewater is right for you!Request Information
Dairy Management Program
Juniors and Seniors, you’re invited!!
Please join us for the Annual Ag Career Expo Day on Friday, September 27, 2019. Enrollment is limited, so register soon!
Questions? Contact Curt Yoose
Dairy farms are a way of life for many rural families, but you don’t need to live on a farm to enjoy a satisfying career at a farm operation. Demand is high for trained dairy herds people with a passion for agriculture and an appreciation for animal schedules. While studying Dairy Management at Ridgewater, you’ll focus on either operation management or agri-business. What’s your goal?
- Willmar campus
- Fall and spring starts
Skills you will learn
- Cattle breeding: reproduction, artificial insemination, embryo transfer
- Palpation and ultrasound
- Raising replacement heifers
- Dairy Herd Improvement Association (DHIA) computerized records
- Dairy health and nutrition
- Business operation management and profit analysis
- Dairy agri-business
Ridgewater’s Dairy Management program is Minnesota’s only two-year dairy program. It quickly turns educational investment into satisfying calling. Our reputable, comprehensive training transforms a helpful cowhand to a skilled dairy herd manager or related agri-business specialist who maximizes profits with a healthy herd. Our award-winning, experienced faculty help you master all aspects of operation so you can choose from the many in-demand career options available. Ridgewater’s agricultural excellence helps our graduates enjoy 100% job placement.
2017 Nationally recognized Outstanding Postsecondary/Adult Agriculture Education program
Program attributes that help students thrive
- State-of-the-art dairy technology labs
- On-site veterinarian support
- Four paid internships for hands-on experience and applied confidence
- Educational field trips to 40+ farm operations
- Strong local industry partnerships and networking, plus trips to world ag expos
- Very active Professional Agricultural Students (PAS) club with many top 5 national honors
- 100% placement the last several years
- On-site commercial driver’s license training
Dairy herd management and the related agri-business careers that support the dairy industry can provide livelihoods that make you feel right at home. With the best training in the region, your success is just around the corner!
Salary and Job Outlook Dairy Management
|Potential Careers for Graduates||Entry Level Annual Wage 2018||Median Annual Wage 2018||Projected Growth Rate 2016-2026||Projected Regional Job Openings 2016-2026|
|Agricultural Equipment Operators||$31,491||$39,083||2% ||290|
|Farmworkers & Laborers, Crop, Nursery, and Greenhouse||$20,800||$27,102||-19%||170|
|Agricultural & Food Science Technicians||$28,059||$42,286||15%||242|
|Soil & Plant Scientists||$47,778||$64,293||24%||85|
Degrees and Certificates