Learn why Ridgewater is right for you!Request Information
Multimedia Design Technology Program
Photo and Design Careers Information Session
Develop a well-rounded skill set perfect for producing advertising, marketing or social media content. Ridgewater’s Professional Photography and Multimedia Design Technology programs partner for a best-of-both-worlds Photo and Design program.
- Program versatility and career opportunities
- Delivery format, including optional lab time in Willmar and Hutchinson
- Changing industry dynamics
- Admissions process
Tuesday, October 18
Virtual on Zoom
Creativity partners with technical know-how for students in Ridgewater College’s Multimedia Design Technology (MMDT) program. If you are inspired to design and communicate creatively, Ridgewater can teach you current industry software skills and artistic strategies to enjoy a career where you develop print and digital projects that help your clients promote, invite, inform, and entertain.
Program Requirements and Job Outlook
- Fully Online
- Fall and Spring start
Skills you’ll learn
- Photo composition and editing
- Image creation and interactivity
- Web design/basic programming
- Attention to detail
- Color and type theory
Helping you succeed is our greatest priority. It drives everything we do! Our most successful Multimedia Design Technology students think creatively, value originality, strive to be artistic, are comfortable on computers, embrace social media, find reward in developing their problem-solving skills, enjoy life-long learning, and understand the value of good communication skills.
Multimedia Design Technology course MMDT 1008 Introduction to Computer Graphics meets national Quality Matters standards. The same instructor has integrated best practices into other courses as well.
Program attributes that help students thrive
- Flexible program format available on campus, online or some of each!
- Real-world individual and group projects with real-world clients
- Personalized attention
- Collaborative coursework with other business-related programs
- Unique combination of design and programming in the same department
- Recorded class discussions and lectures
- Professional portfolio development
- Flexible degree plans to meet student goals
- Online/on-campus atmosphere of inspiration, creativity, and innovation