Orientation, Advising and Registration
Our goal is for you to have everything you need for a successful start at Ridgewater College. Orientation, advising and registration are important parts in that journey and are the next steps after being accepted.
Information on how to complete this process will either be included with your acceptance letter or mailed separately, all depending on your start date and date of application. These next steps may seem overwhelming, but don’t worry – we’ll be with you every step of the way. You can call us with questions at 320-222-5971.
Online orientation equips you with information you need to be successful as you navigate your college journey. It’s completed prior to meeting with your academic advisor and required for all students. And because it’s online, you can complete the process on your own schedule when it’s convenient for you.
All students complete the same online orientation, with the exception of Post Secondary Enrollment Options (PSEO) students. Accepted PSEO students will complete an online PSEO orientation. More information about PSEO orientation is available on the PSEO Applications page.
The link for orientation will be included in your acceptance letter or mailed separately based on your start date and date of application.
- Advising and Registration
After you complete the online orientation, you’ll meet with your advisor to select and register for your classes. Accuplacer testing may be required prior to registration – your acceptance letter will let you know if this is needed.
- Liberal Arts and Sciences and Transfer Pathway Students – Upon completing online orientation, you’ll receive an email confirming completion. This email will contain instructions on how to schedule a one-on-one appointment with your academic adviser. Advising appointments usually take 45 minutes to an hour. During the meeting, your advisor will get to know you and will discuss your academic goals. They’ll help you plan out your class schedule at Ridgewater and assist you with getting registered for your classes.
- Technical Students – After completing online orientation, you will be asked to attend an advising session with faculty from your program. These advising sessions may take place in a group setting or in a one-one-one appointment. They are a great time to ask additional questions and learn more about your program. You may also get a chance to meet with other students in your program is participating in group registration days. If you’re not able to meet with your faculty advisor at a time that works for you, we also offer the option to meet with a technical advisor to expedite the registration process.
For all students, we recommend that you schedule your advising session as early as possible to ensure that you get the classes that you want at the times that work best for you.
- Resources to Review Before Registering
We’ve assembled several resources to help you on your Ridgewater journey. Review the links below prior to meeting with your advisor. Doing so will allow you to get the most of out of your advising appointment and will help you as you complete the registration process.
- Student Resource Packet
- This packet contains information about the academic calendar, student life, academic resources, student IDs, and more.
- Technology Information
- Includes instructions on accessing your Ridgewater email, as well as information on technology support available.
- Financial Aid
- If you have questions or need assistance with Financial Aid, appointments are available with our financial aid team. Schedule here or call 320-222-7488.
- Degree Audit Reports
- The Degree Audit Report System (DARS) provides a report on how any credits completed at other institutions transferred in and count towards your degree. It also shows you what courses you need to complete in order to graduate.
- Registering for Classes Instructional Video
- This video provides step by step instructions on the registration process.
- Student Resource Packet