TRIO Student Support Services
A federally funded student retention program, TRIO Student Support Services is designed to help students overcome class, social, and cultural barriers to complete their college education.
Apply today. If you need a paper application, please contact the TRIO Office at 320-222-8075 or email [email protected].
- A pre-college summer program for new entering students
- Effective academic advising
- Academic progress monitoring and academic goal setting
- Individual academic and career planning
- Peer mentor group study assistance in specific courses
- FAFSA and scholarship information assistance
- Assistance in transferring to four-year colleges and universities
- Tours of four-year colleges and universities
- Educational and cultural group activities
- Access to TRIO technology
Note: Many of the above services are provided in coordination with other campus services.
Who Is Eligible?
- First-generation college students
- Low-income students
- Students with disabilities
Eligible students must also be:
- A U.S. citizen or meet residency requirements for federal financial assistance
- Enrolled at Ridgewater College in a two-year degree or accepted for enrollment in a two-year degree program (Associate of Arts, Associate of Science and/or Associate of Applied Science) at the college for the next academic term
TRIO Office Locations
TRIO Student Lounge Room 115
The TRIO Student Support Services program at Ridgewater College is made possible through a grant from the U.S. Department of Education.