Learn why Ridgewater is right for you!Request Information
Web Developer Program
Websites launch by the millions each year. No surprise there, since it’s the hottest marketing and communication tool of this century. Websites have changed the way businesses do business, agencies share opportunities, and organizations promote purposes. Ridgewater’s Web Developer graduates of all ages are helping to meet the constant demand in this exciting, digital era.
Program Requirements and Job Outlook
- Fall and spring starts
Skills you will learn
- How the Internet works and how people use it
- Web navigation and functionality
- Mobile and desktop website management
- Elements of attractive web page design
- Adobe Photoshop
- Website sitemaps and structure
- Content management systems
- Web accessibility and assistive technologies
Web development is a unique blend of detail-oriented programming and creative graphic design not usually available in one comprehensive program. Key courses from Ridgewater’s Multimedia Design Technology program and our Computer Programming department combine for a hybrid education that makes you an asset for your employer. It is one of the reasons students choose Ridgewater. Thanks to recent upgrades from a Rural Information Technology Alliance grant the last few years, Ridgewater has some of the most advanced, state-of-the-art equipment and computer facilities for web programming and web development.
Program attributes that help students thrive
- Flexible schedule for working and commuting students
- Varied class formats: classroom, web broadcasting, recorded, and online
- Strong community and business relationships for internships
- 100% job placement the last several years
- Specialized social media sites for student educational collaboration and networking
- Industry-experienced faculty
Successful Web Developer students are creative and good problem solvers as they design and implement some of the millions of websites that launch each year.