Ways to Give
Ridgewater College and our students are thankful for the gifts we receive from donors like you to help us deliver outstanding education to our students. We see firsthand every day how your support impacts students, programs and the college as a whole. That’s why we’re so grateful for the many friends, alumni, companies and organizations who are making a difference for Ridgewater College.
You can make a gift in any amount to the Ridgewater College Foundation, and your gifts are 100% tax deductible. Whether you are a new donor or are a longtime donor looking for new ways to give, we encourage you to view our many giving resources listed below.
WAYS TO GIVE
- Making a Gift
You’re making a difference.
Thank you for thinking of Ridgewater College! When you make the decision to give, we want you to know we’re here to help. You can donate online, over the phone, by mail or in person if you’re close by. If you need assistance, call our staff at 320-222-6098.
Make a one-time gift online.
Every donation helps Ridgewater College. If you’re ready to give a one-time gift, you can use your debit or credit card on our secure online giving form.
Start a recurring gift.
Making recurring gifts, over time, is a great way to gradually increase your impact on Ridgewater College. It’s easy to set up monthly, quarterly, semi-annual and annual withdrawals from your credit card. It’s also the most convenient way to give. Get started online or contact our team.
Make a cash or check donation.
Gifts of cash are the most popular vehicle for contributing to the Ridgewater College Foundation. Cash contributions are completely tax-deductible and may provide federal and state tax savings. Cash gifts may be sent in any amount at any time, via cash, check, money orders, and bank drafts. Please make checks payable to Ridgewater College Foundation and send to Ridgewater College Foundation, 2101 15th Ave NW, Willmar, MN 56201.
Other Ways to Give
Ask your employer to match your gift.
Increase the impact of your donation. Employers throughout the country match employee donations to Ridgewater College. If you’re considering a gift, check to see if your employer matches charitable gifts.
Endowment funds are long-term investments that provide perpetual support to students, faculty, and programs. They allow you to preserve funding for a program that speaks to your values for generations to come.
By establishing an endowment program or scholarship, your gift can impact Ridgewater College students and faculty for years to come—even infinitely. Funding your endowment in your family name or in honor of a significant person or organization allows you to build a lasting legacy and inspires others to give.
You can create an endowment with a minimum investment of $10,000 through a one-time gift or through installments over a five-year period, either now or as a deferred gift.
If you’re not sure where to give, we recommended creating an unrestricted endowment. This allows the college to act on new opportunities to make Ridgewater College even better. It also helps Ridgewater and the Foundation plan for the future and demonstrates financial strength to other potential donors.
- Honor & Memorial Gifts
Recognize someone who has made an impact on your life with a named gift in their honor, or preserve the memory of a loved one through a memorial gift to Ridgewater College.
Both named and memorial gifts allow you pay tribute to someone you hold in high regard while supporting future generations of Ridgewater College students.
You can create a named or memorial fund to impact an area that matters to you. Family, friends and others can contribute to it as well.
If you wish to set up a fund online or give to an existing one, simply indicate the name of the fund and your intent in the comments section of our giving form. Contact us at [email protected] or 320-222-6098 to learn more about your options.
- Non-Cash Donations
Consider a non-cash or in-kind contribution.
Non-cash gifts are items of property such as equipment, machinery, and supplies or other items donated for educational purposes. Non-cash gifts must be approved in advance and accompanied by our non-cash donation form which includes the fair market value as determined by the donor, as well as terms and conditions for the donation.
Harness the educational potential offered by Ridgewater College by contributing cutting-edge instructional technology, equipment, and tools. Your donations will play a pivotal role in expertly training students who are poised to become your future workforce in sought-after technical and trade careers. Thanks to a dedicated allocation from Minnesota’s Legislature, Ridgewater College can amplify the impact of cash and equipment donations from corporate and business partners through matching funds from the State. State funds will be matched dollar-for-dollar by cash or in-kind contributions from non-state sources, provided that the match is associated with the program equipment purchased with state funds.
- Creates a pipeline and prepares our students to earn a college credential in occupational areas with high employer need as well as gain a competitive edge by acquiring skills needed to enter these high-wage careers.
- Helps the College meet the growing technical trades and workforce demand by building long-term industry partnerships that help shape the future of a skilled Minnesota workforce.
- Provides tools for success and supports hands-on student learning and college affordability by securing matched cash donations and equipment for industry-current equipment for students to train with.
- Planned & Estate Gifts
One of the most powerful ways to support Ridgewater College is by creating your legacy in your will or Revocable Living Trust. It is a gift that costs nothing today, but ensures that Ridgewater College can continue to provide an affordable education.
To start your legacy today, Ridgewater College invites you to use FreeWill, a free, online tool that guides you through the process of creating your will in just 20 minutes. It is free, no matter what, and can be used with an attorney to finalize your estate plans.
Estate planning enables you to leave a legacy at Ridgewater College to support future generations of students. Planned gifts also allow you to fulfill your financial and estate planning goals.
Gift planning integrates your charitable gift into your overall financial, tax and estate planning to maximize benefits both to you and to Ridgewater College. You can help ensure the future success of technical and community education tomorrow through gift planning today. Depending on the arrangements you choose, you can also:
- Reduce income taxes
- Avoid taxes on capital-gains
- Increase spendable income now
- Retain payments for life
Wills and Bequests
A gift through your will is the simplest way to make a significant, planned gift. You may qualify for an estate-tax charitable deduction for the value of your gift through a bequest to the Foundation. Above all, you can be confident that your generosity will support technical and community education for years to come.
Whatever form of bequest you choose, it is not subject to federal estate taxes, which significantly reduces the tax burden of an estate. The value of the bequest may be deducted when the taxable estate is determined, and there is no limit to the deduction.
Establish a scholarship through the Ridgewater College Foundation. As a scholarship donor, you choose the name of the scholarship as well as the criteria. Below is a guide to establishing a scholarship at the Ridgewater Foundation
- Determine the level of support you wish to provide.
- Annual scholarships begin at $500. The Foundation asks donors to make a three-year commitment when establishing a new annual scholarship.
- Endowed scholarships support themselves in perpetuity. The initial gift is invested, and the scholarship awards are determined each year by the Foundation’s Board of Directors.
- The minimum investment for an endowed scholarship is $10,000.
- Determine the focus of your scholarship.
- Foundation staff will assist you in developing the scholarship criteria. Criteria might include a specific program, academic standing or financial need.
- Scholarships can be named in honor or memory of an individual or organization.
- Sign a scholarship agreement with the Ridgewater Foundation.
- Make your gift.
- Determine the level of support you wish to provide.
- Securities and Stocks
There are many advantages for donors who donate gifts of securities/stock:
- You get an income tax deduction based on the value of the securities at the time you make the gift.
- You avoid capital gains tax on the appreciated value of the securities.
- The College can immediately use the proceeds for the purpose you specify or for general support of essential initiatives.
- It’s easy!
- The value of your gift will be the average of the high and the low trading prices on the official date of your gift. The date of the gift is the day the College Foundation assumes ownership of the security.
- Sponsorship & Industry Partners
Want to partner with us to find a Ridgewater College department you can sponsor, or become an industry partner? Contact us at [email protected]
- Industry Partner Sponsors – The Ridgewater College Foundation works with industry through sponsorship programs. The goal is to give industry partners the ability to enhance their business visibility and brand awareness while supporting student success through student engagement, networking, collaboration, mentorship and more.