Learn why Ridgewater is right for you!Request Information
Computer Programmer Program
Programming computers requires bilingual adaptability in languages such as Java, Perl, PHP, Visual Basic.NET and Visual C#/C++.NET. No worries if computer programs sound foreign to you now. Ridgewater College can take you from confused to confident in computer communication commands.
Program Requirements and Job Outlook
- Fall and spring starts
Skills you will learn
- Effective computer language communication
- Modern databases
- Internet technologies
- Operating systems
- Server technologies
Computer programming requires a commitment to life-long learning more than a magic number of college years for this ever-evolving industry. Students of all ages choose Ridgewater College to launch a rewarding computer career. Thanks to recent upgrades from a Rural Information Technology Alliance grant the last few years, Ridgewater has some of the most advanced, state-of-the-art equipment and computer facilities. Learn to code using traditional hardware and innovative information technology (IT) tools such as Raspberry Pis. We utilize advanced servers with VMWare virtualization software and virtual labs to teach virtualized cloud resource management and various operating systems. Ridgewater is conveniently an official testing site for such certifications as CompTIA A+, Network+, Security+, and Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert (MCSE).
Microsoft Imagine Academy
Program attributes that help students thrive
- Flexible schedule for working and commuting students
- Varied class formats: classroom, web broadcasting, recorded, and online
- Strong community and IT employer relationships for internships and employment
- Industry-experienced faculty with varied backgrounds
- Active Computer Systems Technology club
- Specialized social media sites for student educational collaboration and networking
Build your broad computer programming foundation at Ridgewater College and then enjoy the many opportunities for advancement as you gain experience.