Agronomy Applicator Technician
- Fall and spring starts
About the Program
Become certified for one of the most in-demand occupations in agriculture. The Agronomy Applicator Technology diploma is a one-year program that trains you to be an effective and efficient custom applicator through classroom, laboratory and internship experiences.
Among topics you will learn are:
- Pest management
- Crop scouting
- Crop protection products
- Ag industry machinery maintenance
- Pesticide and fertilizer equipment
- Basic/advanced custom application
Hands-on experiences that build confidence include operating forklifts, self-propelled sprayers, fertilizer applicators, skid loaders, and semis. Students in Ridgewater’s nationally recognized Agriculture program excel in the workforce in part due to the commitment to and experience in required, paid internships.
Students may also earn the following certifications and licenses:
- Commercial applicator
- First Aid
- Class A Commercial driver (CDL)
- OSHA 10-hour (Occupational Safety and Health Administration)
In addition, you may also choose to attain complementary credentials by taking additional coursework in Agri-business and Crop Sciences, if desired.
In Midwest agronomy centers, a serious shortage exists for qualified applicator technicians. The regional demand for custom applicators is expected to continue to increase.
- Largest 2-year MN agriculture program; first US Agronomy Tech program
- Custom application training using state-of-the-art application equipment, monitors and software
- 2 paid internship experiences
- 11 full-time faculty with strong industry experience
- Networking with other students and industry through the Professional Agriculture Students (PAS) club, earning champion and top 10 honors in the national PAS crops contest
- 2017 nationally recognized Outstanding Postsecondary/Adult Agriculture Education program
Agronomy Applicator Technician 2021-2022
Title Credits Location Agronomy Applicator Technician Diploma 38 credits Willmar