Meat Cutting (Starting Fall 2022)
About the Program
Meat cutters are critical team members in the process that moves agricultural animal assets to satisfied consumers’ tables. Who’s hungry?
As a leader in agricultural education, we’re excited to offer a new Meat Cutting Certificate in Fall 2022 and are now accepting applications.
Coursework will be online while skills applications will include in-person, off-campus labs in facilities of licensed business partners. In just one semester, you will gain confidence in:
- Meat cutting equipment use and procedures
- Food safety
- Direct farm marketing
- Livestock and poultry slaughtering and processing
- Advanced meat processing fundamentals
Students will also choose one of two electives: wild game animal processing or animal science.
- Online classroom and in-person, off-campus labs
- Fall 2022 start
- Flexible delivery with blended online and in-person evening and weekend classes
- Hands-on education and preparation for in-demand careers
- Real-world practice and internship experiences through industry partner
Retirements of small-town butchers and growing shortages of meat processing workers due to the pandemic have elevated the need for training more meat cutters.
Meat cutters can earn between $16.00-$27.75 per hour. The demand is expected to grow at a rate of 2.4% for the next 10 years.
Ridgewater Meat Cutting graduates will enter the workforce as apprentices, likely working with experienced mentors in production facilities or butcher shops. With experience, graduates can advance or pursue additional training for more advanced processing or entrepreneurial challenges.
Degrees and Certificates
Meat Cutting Certificate – 18 credits
- Advanced Meat Processing Certificate – 18 credits
- Meat Cutting & Processing Entrepreneur Certificate – 18 credits
Beginning Meat Cutting 2022-2023
|Meat Cutting Certificate||18 credits||Blended Online and Off Campus|