Learn why Ridgewater is right for you!Request Information
Occupational Skills Program
Discover a great next step for those with varied abilities!
Friday, November 8, 9:30 – 11:30 a.m., Willmar Campus
Student Center, 2101 15th Ave. NW, Willmar, MN
The Occupational Skills program is a post-secondary vocational program for students with disabilities and varied abilities. We teach students to be self-sufficient, while also training them for entry-level, competitive employment. Occupational Skills combines community-based vocational training with personal management classes on campus.
- Connect with faculty and tour department
- Meet with Disabilities and Admissions Office staff
- Discover program highlights through an overview and schedule
- Q & A session
To reserve your spot for this free event, call 320-222-8041.
Learning work skills is key to becoming a self-sufficient adult. For high school students with disabilities or varied abilities, the challenge to be an independent adult is real. But with the right environment and connections, Ridgewater’s Occupational Skills program and its benefits are also very real.
- Willmar campus
- Fall start
Skills you will learn
- Vocational training at a community-based (internship) training site
- Life skills
- Personal management
- Job-seeking and job-keeping strategies
- Applied job search
Ridgewater’s nurturing and educational atmosphere in the Occupational Skills program (OSP) helps transition students with documented intellectual disabilities through post-secondary training and into competitive, entry-level employment. Thanks to dozens of community partnerships, students gain real-world experience at any of 80+ possible internships with area employers who understand the need. The program maximizes its long-term relationships with community agencies such as social services, national rehabilitation, and others. Our students say it best!
One of just two programs in the state
Program attributes that help students thrive
- Preliminary interview with faculty to ensure student candidates are right for the program
- Group atmosphere and activities help students learn from each other while having fun
- Hands-on internships with local employers enhance exploration, provide experience, and build confidence
- Experienced, dedicated instructors make students top priorities
- College and community partnerships assist students with the basics so students can focus on their future
- 83-100% job placement for past several years
Successful Occupational Skills students can advocate for themselves have a strong work ethic, know the importance of regular attendance, are organized and desire to be self-sufficient.
Individuals who are interested in applying in this program should call Jay Morrison at 320-222-8040 or e-mail email@example.com to schedule a recommended informational meeting. Students will also need to fill out an application, submit an application fee and provide documentation of their disability. A current high school transcript will need to be sent to Ridgewater. The conference gives the student valuable information about the Occupational Skills program.
Degrees and Certificates