Learn why Ridgewater is right for you!Request Information
Poultry Management Program
The poultry industry is in need of individuals with knowledge of poultry nutrition needs, environmental management for poultry production, and knowledge in managing poultry health. Whether you are an industry veteran or just starting your career, this certificate program will give you the tools you need to advance your career in the poultry industry.
Developed in partnership with industry leaders and the University of Minnesota, the Ridgewater 20-credit certificate will provide a solid foundation for potential advanced education or a strong base knowledge you need to be successful in the poultry industry, whether you are managing your own hobby farm or working within the poultry industry. The program is designed for students to complete their certificate with Ridgewater and work in the industry and/or be able to continue to their education at a four-year institution.
Program Requirements and Job OutlookPoultry Management Certificate
- Fall and spring start
Skills you will learn
- Poultry nutrition, feeds, and feeding
- Environmental management for poultry production
- Managing poultry health
- 2017 Nationally recognized Outstanding Post-secondary/Adult Agriculture Education program
- Certifications available: Commercial Driver’s License, OSHA Forklift, OSHA 10-hours, Commercial or Private Applicator, FAA Part 107 Drone
Program attributes that help students thrive
- Educational partnership with Iowa State University
- Critical industry partnerships
- Active Professional Agricultural Students (PAS) Club with many top national honors
Note: this is a stackable, entry-level certificate for the industry. It is not a graduate-level certificate.