Learn why Ridgewater is right for you!Request Information
Enter, stage left, for some memorable fun. Theater courses and experiences help you explore your talents as well and build your skills in teamwork, critical thinking, creativity, leadership, and communication. You don’t have to be a theater major to excel and have fun in college or community theatre. You just need to say, YES!
Class delivery options
- Willmar and online campus
Skills you will learn
- Stage presence
- Stagecraft – set design and creation
- Technical lighting and sound systems
- Poster design
Fine arts opportunities like those at Ridgewater College give cast and crew members the chance to be involved in a variety of roles. With a mix of non-musicals and musicals, Ridgewater’s Theatre department aims to put students first making decisions based on the interests and skill sets of those involved.
Ridgewater Theatre Director Matt Hegdahl was honored in January 2018 with a Commendation of Achievement for Directing and Playwriting for the recent production of “King Ed.” Students also received recognition for work on and off the stage from the Region 5 Kennedy Center American College Theater Festival.
Class attributes that help students thrive
- Fun learning environment
- No experience required – anyone can get involved!
- Hands-on experiences in class and in productions
- Opportunities to work with students and community members
- Active Fine Arts Club
- Small, close-knit casts and crews
- Opportunities to assist with directing and stage management
- Flexible scheduling for rehearsals to accommodate school and work schedules
Want to expand your comfort zone in fine arts? Take an introductory theatre or acting class to learn the basics or watch for the next audition to take your talents to the next level at curtain call!