Knowledge you will gain
- Introduction to philosophy
- Logic and critical thinking
- Classical and contemporary philosophy
- Value theory
- Morality scope and limitations
Philosophy is a great topic for discussion-based learning. Who doesn’t like to share their opinion? But do you have the rationale to back it up? Many current affair issues have diverse viewpoints. It’s often not a question of right or wrong, but what’s rationale for a particular belief system. Learn to think critically, to question respectfully, and to think outside the box in many ways that can help in numerous careers where it’s important not to jump to conclusions. Ridgewater’s passionate philosophy faculty can take you from an erroneous assumer to a careful inquirer.
Attributes that help students thrive
- Course variety
- Engaging discussions in a nondiscriminant environment
- Sound debate strategies, including respectful and intentional communication
- Low student-to-teacher ratios to enhance personal attention
Enriching your life and education with philosophy can help you better understand cause-and-effect reasoning, make ethical decisions, and become a better listener. Take a class or two out of curiosity or begin your journey toward a bachelor’s degree at Ridgewater College. Hundreds of students complete their first two years of virtually any four-year degree at Ridgewater where tuition is very affordable before transferring to their preferred university.