Sign up to receive text or email messages regarding campus emergencies and notifications.
Registration for first-time users:
- Click on “sign me up”
- Enter your name and Ridgewater email address
- Password must contain at least 1 capital letter, 1 number & 1 symbol
You will receive a confirmation to your Ridgewater College email account from Blackboard connect. Click on the link provided in the email.
You will be directed to a screen with steps to ensure your security.
- Enter your STAR ID # in the information code box (Find Contact)
- Enter the Ridgewater email address, not your phone number (Tell Us About Yourself)
- Click on Associate
- REVIEW the information and click the “Yes, this is mine” box – Select Next
- Add cell phone numbers at this point (must add cell number to receive text messages) and additional email addresses if desired
- Determine the type of messages and method you would like to receive the messages (Set Your Subscriptions)
- Emergency messages are a default message – an example of an emergency notification: fire or chemical spill
- Outreach messages must be chosen – an example of important non-emergency campus notification: school closed due to bad weather
- Choose the campus that you would like to receive messages from
Confirm that information is correct – Save and click done.
When you have successfully completed the Registration process you will see a confirmation screen. You are now signed up to receive emergency and non-emergency campus notifications.