Learn why Ridgewater is right for you!Request Information
Agricultural Science and Technology
Agricultural careers are as vast as science and technology careers. Combine all three and you have a solid two-year foundation to easily transfer to a four-year university to complete your dreams. Want to teach agriculture? Maybe you will research or implement improved farm nutrition. Pursue your passion for the world’s oldest profession. Where will it take YOU?
Program Requirements and Job OutlookAgricultural Science and Technology AS
- Willmar campus
- Fall and spring options
Knowledge you will gain
- Chemistry and biology
- Animal and soil science
- College Composition: reading and writing
- Farm records, psychology and sociology
- Ag sales and service
- Animal nutrition and science
- General education: science, communications, math, sociology, microeconomics
Agricultural excellence begins at Ridgewater College for students who want a strong, educational foundation. As Minnesota’s largest two-year Agriculture program, we have also earned national honors this year as an Outstanding Postsecondary/ Adult Agricultural Education program. Ridgewater’s highly experienced faculty help you explore the possibilities through our cutting-edge facilities, connected industry supporters, and solid educational partners. Why would you start anywhere but here?
Through partnerships with the University of Minnesota and South Dakota State University, Ridgewater College provides the first two years of Agricultural Education on the Willmar campus. By following the curriculum, students are guaranteed to have all Ridgewater College credits applied to the Bachelor of Science degree at one of the corresponding universities where they will complete their junior and senior curriculum.
Attributes that help students thrive
- Strong transfer partnerships with excellent reputations
- Networking opportunities with ag educators
- Minnesota’s largest two-year Agriculture program, nationally recognized for excellence
- State-of-the-art equipment, facilities, and hands-on school farm
- Very active Professional Agriculture Students (PAS) Club and Rodeo Club
- Future Farmers of America event hosting experience
- Many alumni teaching role models
Take an Agricultural Science and Technology class or two out of curiosity or begin your journey toward a bachelor’s degree at Ridgewater College. Hundreds of students complete their first two years of virtually any four-year degree at Ridgewater where tuition is very affordable before transferring to their preferred university.