Vet Tech (VTA/VTPAS) Club
The mission of NAVTA (VTA) is to represent and promote the profession of veterinary technology. NAVTA (VTA) provides direction, education, support and coordination for its members, and works with other allied professional organizations for the competent care and humane treatment of animals.”
The National Professional Agricultural Student Organization (VTPAS) provides opportunities for individual growth, leadership and career preparation.
The purposes or objectives of the RWC-VTA are as follows:
- Promote the professional and educational advancement of veterinary technicians.
- Promote and maintain the professional image and high ethical standards of the veterinary technician.
- Promote progressive and humane medical care for all creatures.
- Promote and maintain a cooperative professional relationship with the veterinary medical profession.
- Promote an interest in a national association of veterinary technicians.
- Serve as a contact between members of NAVTA and veterinary technology students.
- Further the social and scientific advancement of Ridgewater College Veterinary Technology students.
The purpose of the RWC-VTPAS is to provide opportunities to develop the skills needed to enter and advance in careers in veterinary medicine and agriculture:
- Provide an organization for veterinary technician students for encouragement and development of individualized characteristics necessary for professional and technical growth.
- Assist each local program in development of a viable student organization.
- Promote cooperation and understanding among the various organizations within veterinary medicine and agricultural related programs.
- Develop leadership abilities.
- Recognize outstanding qualities of members through the use of organized educational activities.
- Promote appropriate relations with industry and their related organizations.
- Create enthusiasm for continued self-improvement.
- Promote community service activities.
- Promote social and recreational activities.
- Develop and maintain a productive relationship with the Minnesota PAS and National PAS organizations.