Ridgewater College offers a variety of resources and links for all students and alumni. Here you can find information on resumes, cover letters, interview preparation, and other career tools and skills.
Explore Career Options
Career Services at Ridgewater College aims to help students and alumni make connections between their interests and career goals. Undecided or unsure? Take a look at some of our career exploration resources to get started.
- Minnesota State Career Planning Workbook: Find the Right Career For You
- Minnesota State Career Exploration
- Department of Employment and Economic Development
- What Can I Do With This Major?
- Career Videos
- O*Net Online
Get to know yourself:
- 16 Personalities
- CareerOneStop Skills Matcher
- MnCareers Interest Assessment
- Career Cluster Interest Survey
*This is not a comprehensive list of tools for career exploration.
There are dozens of job search platforms to aid in your search. Find what works best for you! Here are some resources to get you started:
- Minnesota Works
- Minnesota State (Colleges and Universities)
- College Central
- Career One Stop
- Major Employers in Willmar / Kandiyohi County
- Major Employers in Hutchinson / McLeod County
Resumes & Cover Letters
There are hundreds of resources dedicated to resume and cover letter preparation. Find what works best for you! Here are some resources to get you started:
- How to Write a Cover Letter (Video)
- Cover Letter Samples – Indeed
- Department of Employment and Economic Development (DEED)
- LinkedIn: Resume Organization
- Resume Samples – Indeed
- How to Make an easy Resume in Microsoft Word (Video)
Practice makes perfect! Different industries may approach job interviews differently so do some research and be prepared. Preparation leads to building confidence in being able to relay why you are the best person for the job.
Here are some resources to get you started:
- 6 Interview Skills that Will Get You Hired
- How To Prepare for an Interview in 11 Steps
- The Job Interview (Department of Employment and Economic Development)
- “Soft Skills”: What are they and why are they so important?
- Competencies for a Career-Ready Workforce
Don’t forget to research the company and prepare questions to ask about them and the job for which you’re applying!