The information on this page outlines eligibility requirements specific to Ridgewater College. High school students interested in PSEO are encouraged to visit with their high school counselor or principal. Homeschooled students must notify their resident school district office of their intent to participate in the PSEO program. Please note that sophomores must be enrolled in a school district to be eligible for PSEO.
Liberal Arts and Sciences Application Criteria
- HS class rank – upper 1/3 of their class, OR
- HS GPA – 3.0 cumulative GPA
- HS class rank – upper 1/2 of their class, OR
- HS GPA – 2.5 cumulative GPA
- Students must also score college-level scores in either the Accuplacer, ACT or SAT placement tests to be placed into college-level courses.
Technical Education Application Criteria
Juniors and Seniors
High school juniors and seniors applying for technical coursework must demonstrate the ability to successfully complete college coursework at a C level or higher. Students are admitted based on a review of coursework taken in high school, GPA, class rank, and the new student assessment test.
High school sophomores may enroll in one career or technical education course at Ridgewater College if they have:
- Attained a reading score of 850 or higher on the 8th grade Minnesota Comprehensive Assessment OR score into English 98 on the accuplacer test.
- Met any other course prerequisites or course enrollment standards established by the College. This includes, but is not limited to, assessment test scores, program admission, or other requirements.
- If a student receives a grade of C or better in the course, the student shall be allowed to take additional career or technical education courses in subsequent terms.
- Students who want to change from a technical program to transfer education (liberal arts and sciences), or the reverse, must meet the stated criteria at the time the request is made.
PSEO classes available for 10 graders – on a space-available basis
Please refer to the 10th Grade PSEO Application for an up-to-date list of courses available. This PDF application is found under the “Application Process” section.
Homeschool and ALC Students
Students who are homeschooled, attend an ALC or school which does not provide GPA or rank are eligible for PSEO admission based upon meeting the standardized test score minimums. Students who have less than one year experience at an ALC or homeschool are required to submit previous high school transcripts.
Recommended Application Deadlines
Fall semester: May 1
Spring semester: December 1
Students applying for technical degrees or courses, who meet the admission requirements, will be accepted after October 1 for the spring semester and February 1 for the fall semester, on a space-available basis.
High schools may have their own application deadlines for students wanting PSEO classes. Check with your high school counseling or guidance office.