Important Financial Aid Information
Financial Aid Disbursement Dates and Information for the 2022-2023 School Year:
- Fall Semester 2022 – September 2, 2022
- Spring Semester 2023 – January 23, 2023
- Summer Semester 2023 – June 12, 2023
Financial Aid Disbursement Dates and Information for the 2021-2022 School Year:
- Fall Semester 2021 – September 3, 2021
- Spring Semester 2022 – January 24, 2022
- Summer Semester 2022 – June 13, 2022
The Disclosure Statement emailed or mailed to you from the Department of Education will let you know what the disbursement date(s) will be for your loan. Please allow 3-4 days processing time from that date for the disbursement to be deposited into your account or mailed to you.
- Types of Financial Aid awarded
- Grants/gift awards – will be automatically applied to your account on the disbursement date according to the number of credits you are taking
- Loans/borrowed awards – must be applied for and paid back. Please refer to your award letter for information about the three (3) steps needed to process your loans
- Work study/earned awards – paid out after timesheets are submitted. Information about work-study and how to find jobs are explained in your award letter if you were awarded work-study.
- Direct deposit
Sign up for direct deposit
- Log into eServices
- Click on the Financial Aid tab
- Choose Direct Deposit set-up
- Follow the prompts
- General loan information
For general loan information refer to Federal Student Aid, an official website of the United States government.
You will find information about current interest rates, loan limits, federal requirements for the student loan programs and much more.
After you apply for your loans, the money will be credited to your account if you are enrolled and still attending classes; if not the loan money will be returned to the U.S. Department of Education.
- Tuition due dates
Tuition is due on the fifth business day of each semester. Upcoming tuition due dates are:
- Summer Semester 2022: Monday, June 6, 2022
- Fall Semester 2022: Friday, August 26, 2022
- Spring Semester 2023: Friday, January 1, 2023
- Summer Semester 2023: Monday, June 5, 2023
Students are financially obligated for all classes they register for, and all tuition and fees need to be paid in full by the tuition due date. Payments can be made online, by phone, or in person at either campus.
Paper invoices are not mailed. Please review your account online at eServices.
Students may have their registration canceled unless at least one of the following requirements has been met by the tuition due date. A partial payment will prevent your courses from being dropped, however, an additional $30 payment plan fee may be added to bills not paid in full by the 15th day of the semester. (Full payment requires that the balance due on your account be at zero or you are on an active payment plan).
- Your tuition and fees are paid in full.
- You have paid 15% of the tuition and fees due or made a $300 down payment towards tuition and fees, whichever is less.
- You have applied for financial aid and an Institutional Student Information Record (ISIR) has been received by the College.
- You have submitted a Third Party Billing Authorization to the Business Office.
- You have enrolled in the Postsecondary Enrollment Option (PSEO) program.
- You have established a payment plan with Nelnet in eServices.
- You have completed and signed a VA deferment form.
PLEASE NOTE: While Ridgewater College does participate in the registration cancellation for nonpayment process (RCFN), the above factors can prevent this from happening. It is your responsibility to pay for the courses that you are registered for and, if you do not plan on attending, to cancel your registration within the timelines allowed. If these dates are not followed, you may be financially and academically responsible for those classes.
The student is responsible for the payment of all expenses, such as payments for tuition and fees, purchases of books and supplies, and other related items when billed. Late fees will be added, and you will not be able to register for the next semester until your account balance is at zero.