Learn why Ridgewater is right for you!Request Information
Nursing – Practical Program (LPN)
Nursing Information Sessions
Attending an information session for any of Ridgewater College’s Nursing programs is required for admission. Explore options and set yourself up for success.
- Practical Nursing (LPN) program
- Associate of Science (AS) degree Nursing – Registered Nurse (RN)
- RN to BSN (Bachelor of Science in Nursing) alignment options with university programs
- Admissions criteria and application deadlines
Tuesdays | 10:00 – 11:00 a.m. | Virtual on Zoom
November 7, December 5, January 9, 2024,
January 30, March 5, April 2, May 7, May 28
Practical nurses are high-demand, entry-level nurses who work to prevent illness and to promote, restore or maintain good health. Under the supervision of registered nurses and physicians, Licensed Practical Nurses (LPNs) put the care in healthcare by working the frontline with patients.
Program Requirements and Job Outlook
- Hutchinson and Willmar campuses
Skills you will learn
- Foundations of nursing, interventions and clinical
- Medication administration/pharmacology
- Nursing across the lifespan
- Medical terminology
- Anatomy and Physiology
- Psychosocial nursing
- Communications and ethics
The Practical Nursing program at Ridgewater is proud of its innovative, newly revised curriculum that makes a great experience even better. Our instructors maximize a combination of high-fidelity simulation with life-like mannequins in our state-of-the-art labs with hands-on, real-world experiences. It’s no wonder employers seek our graduates. With a 95%-97% program completion rate over the last few years and a 100% job placement rate, students are happy they chose Ridgewater College. Graduates have reaped the rewards for their hard work by passing their licensure boards exam with a 90-100% passing rate the past few years. Top-ranked program + student commitment=SUCCESS.
The Practical Nursing program at Ridgewater College at the Hutchinson Campus located in Hutchinson, MN and the Willmar Campus located in Willmar, MN is accredited by the:3390 Peachtree Road NE, Suite 1400 Atlanta, GA 30326(404) 975-5000Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing (ACEN)
The most recent accreditation decision made by the ACEN Board of Commissioners for the Practical Nursing program is Continuing Accreditation. View the public information disclosed by the ACEN regarding this program at http://www.acenursing.us/accreditedprograms/programSearch.htm
Program attributes that help students thrive
- Hands-on experiences with committed, clinical partners
- Leaders in simulation in the classroom, lab and clinical
- Concept-based curriculum designed to help students learn better and think critically
- Small class sizes leads to personal attention and strong classmate relationships
- Active Nursing Club connections for volunteer and educational activities
- Group projects and study groups
- Experienced instructors who are current with industry practices
The Ridgewater College Practical and Associate Degree Nursing Programs meet the state education requirements for a Practical or Professional nursing license in the state of Minnesota. Ridgewater College has not determined if the Practical and Associate Degree Nursing Programs at Ridgewater College meet the state education requirements in any other state, any U.S. Territory, or the District of Columbia.
As THE most trusted profession for more than a decade (2017 Gallup poll), nursing offers great job satisfaction, versatility, placement, and security. Train with the best at Ridgewater and you can become one of the best.
A 2018 top-ranked LPN nursing program by practicalnursing.org