Dr. Brian Bonte Memorial Scholarship
The Dr. Brian Bonte scholarship fund has been established to assist students pursuing a CNA (Certified Nursing Assistant) certification on the Hutchinson Campus. Dr. Bonte was one of the first EMT’s in Iowa at the age of 17. He also worked as a nurses aide/orderly at the Veterans Hospital in Des Moines for four years.
Both of these positions laid the foundation for Dr. Bonte’s interest in serving humanity through medical practice. He understood the importance of the immediate and individual medical care both EMT’s and CNA’s bring to patients and was on the receiving end of both professions at the end of life.
The family of Dr Bonte wishes to encourage men and women to serve their communities through these valuable and compassionate occupations. Here is the opportunity provided to interested students:
- Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) Award
- $500 Award
- Preference is given to students based in Hutchinson or taking courses on the Hutchinson campus
- Cannot have an employer paying for or reimbursing the student for course/test fees
Note: there are typically 6-9 Certified Nursing Assistant education sessions offered during a calendar year. More information on the CNA session dates and program information can be found on the Ridgewater Customized Training website.
- Important Application Information
The application includes:
- Personal contact information section
- Letter of Recommendation upload section
- Three essay questions with 200 words recommended per essay
- Brief employment history
- Spelling and grammar will be taken into account when scoring applications.
It is best to prepare your essays using an external source such as Microsoft Word
- Because these are for customized training sessions, this application is separate from the Ridgewater College Foundation’s universal online scholarship application for part-time and full-time Ridgewater College Students.