PLEASE READ: New admission criteria for Practical Nursing course Fall 2020
With the ever-changing situation, we find ourselves in surrounding the COVID-19 pandemic, Ridgewater College Practical Nursing Program has had to adjust the fall 2020 admission criteria. This is to ensure that students will be able to meet admission criteria. With the ever-growing shortage of practical nurses, we believe this is the best course of action to take to help meet the needs of our students and our communities of interest. This adjustment in criteria is for the fall 2020 admission cycle only.
The admission cycle begins on April 1, 2020, and closes June 1, 2020. Students will receive letters of acceptance to the program after July 1, 2020, and will need to indicate their acceptance of the seat in the class by July 15, 2020.
- Must attend a Nursing Information Session. These will be offered via zoom in the next two months. Please watch the website for more information and links.
- Complete the general college application process. Indicate Pre Nursing as you’re major.
- Must be a High School graduate or GED recipient.
- Must be accepted as a Ridgewater College student.
- Be current on the Nursing Assistant registry. Tentative acceptance will be awarded to those applicants who demonstrate that they are in the process of being on the registry.
- A minimum C grade is required in each of the following courses or their course equivalents: English 1210, Psych 1310, PRNU 1617, and Bio 2100
Suspending for this application cycle only:
- Accuplacer testing requirements will be suspended
- TEAS Testing will be suspended – contact ATI Client Care at 800-667-7531 to request a refund if you have registered for a test