Welcome to our new Ridgewater warriors and welcome back to our returning warriors! I am excited to see many faces — both on our campuses and in our virtual world. At Ridgewater College we are committed to celebrating diversity, creating spaces of inclusion, and being a welcoming and safe space where every one can be their authentic self.
The Office of Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI) serves as a resource for employees, students, and community members. Our unit consists of: Multicultural & Inclusion Services, Disability & Accessibility Services, Basic Needs & Community Resources Office, International Student Services and Veteran Student Services; together, they work closely with our Student Success office and TRiO Student Support Services office.
In the Office of DEI we believe in recognizing, honoring, and celebrating our differences. We embrace the opportunity to have brave conversations, to share what makes each of us unique, and to learn together. Diversity, equity, and inclusion are not only words to know the definitions of but are reminders of our commitments to building a community where everyone belongs!
As you embark on your journey over the next academic year I invite you to join the Office of DEI in attending our virtual speaker events, write for our DEI blog, attend a student life event/club meeting, simply stop by, or send me a message to connect.
Ways to get involved:
- Register to attend a social justice speaker event
- Write for our Ridgewater DEI Blog
- Start a student club or interest group or join one that is already available
- Willmar Campus: Multicultural Club meets Tuesdays at 3 PM in the Multicultural & Inclusion Space (L12)
- Willmar Campus: GSA/PRISM meets Tuesdays at 11 AM in the Multicultural & Inclusion Space (L12)
- Hutchinson Campus: Multicultural Club meets on Wednesdays at 3:15 PM (Room 407)
Again, welcome, and welcome back to our Ridgewater warriors and I look forward to working with you! #RidgewaterWarriors #WarriorStrong