Learn why Ridgewater is right for you!Request Information
Please contact our admissions office at 320-222-5976 for more information.
If making people look and feel their best makes your heart go pitter-pat, a career in cosmetology might give you a daily dose of happiness. Cosmetologists are skilled at everything from hair styling and skin treatments to nail care and the latest make up trends for great first impressions. After all, you get one chance for a great FIRST impression!
- Willmar campus
- Fall and spring starts
- Mondays and Wednesdays 8:00 – 3:00
- Tuesday and Thursdays 8:00 – 4:00
Skills you will learn
- The art and science of cutting, coloring, perming, and styling hair
- Sculpting, artistic designs, and special occasion hairstyles
- Nail technology
- Esthetics (skin care/make-up)
Ridgewater’s Cosmetology program is a comprehensive training program with state-of-the-art equipment and world-leading curriculum such as Pivot Point International, American Institute of Esthetics, and OPI. With several credential options in everything from general cosmetology to specialized estheology or nail care, Ridgewater offers students like you extensive hands-on experience at our full-service Ridgewater College Salon & Day Spa. Learn the theory and science first. Then practice your styling, colors and perms, manicures and skin treatments on both models and real clients to build your confidence and flair for the employers who are waiting for our professional graduates. And to think, you can finish in just 14 months!
Ridgewater College is licensed by the Minnesota Board of Cosmetology
Program attributes that help students thrive
- Student-friendly program schedule for working students or those with families
- Comprehensive, well-rounded education with active student body for a social college experience
- On-site salon and day spa open to college and community
- Spa hands-on skills practice, plus honing of communication, service and business management skills
- Active Cosmetology Club for advanced training, community service, and networking
- Comprehensive skills necessary for licensure through the Minnesota Board of Cosmetology
- 95-100% job placement
- Industry-experienced faculty current on the latest trends
Ridgewater’s most successful Cosmetology students have outstanding technical, communication, and business management skills, plus creativity and a passion for people. See you at the spa!
Salary and Job Outlook Cosmetology
|Potential Careers for Graduates||Entry Level Annual Wage 2018||Median Annual Wage 2018||Projected Growth Rate 2016-2026||Projected Regional Job Openings 2016-2026|
|Hairdressers, Hairstylist & Cosmetologists||$21,570||$24,877||6%||2,064|
Degrees and Certificates