Learn why Ridgewater is right for you!Request Information
Nursing – Associates Degree and Bachelor of Science Program
Nursing combines compassion, science, and technology to care for people from all walks of life during some of their most trying times. As THE most trusted profession, according to a 2017 Gallup poll, nursing also offers great job placement, security, and satisfaction. Put your heart into a career you’ll be proud of with skills that open so many doors!
- Hutchinson and Willmar campuses
- Fall and spring starts
Skills you will learn
- Wellness and health promotion
- Chronic and palliative care and end-of-life care
- Acute and complex care illness
- Critical thinking and clinical reasoning
- Professionalism and leadership
The Associate Degree Nursing and Bachelor of Science Nursing programs are leaders of excellence within Minnesota Alliance for Nursing Education (MANE). With innovative, award-winning curriculum, Ridgewater’s nursing programs combine high-fidelity simulation with hands-on, real-world experiences, resulting in a nationally respected reputation. With a 100% program completion rate and a 98%-100% job placement rate students are glad they chose Ridgewater College. What’s unique is that baccalaureate seekers dually admitted in both Ridgewater and our four-year partner Metropolitan State University in what we call MANE – Minnesota Alliance for Nursing Education. It provides a smooth transition from the associate degree option to the bachelor’s degree – both of which students can complete entirely in Hutchinson or Willmar. Students love the options!
Approved by the Minnesota Board of Nursing. The American Holistic Nurses Association endorses the BSN curriculum. Accredited by the Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing, Inc. (ACEN) for information on the accreditation process, contact ACEN at 404-975-5000 or at www.acenursing.org.
Program attributes that help students thrive
- Hands-on experiences with invested, clinical partners
- Concept-based curriculum spiraled to help students better learn and think critically
- Small class sizes lead to personal attention and strong classmate relationships
- Active Nursing Club connections for volunteer and educational activities
- Graduates with BSN degrees are eligible for Public Health Nursing Certification in Minnesota
- Graduates with BSN degrees are eligible to take the Holistic Nursing Certification exam
- Experienced instructors are current with industry practices
Becoming a registered nurse is work. Deciding where to get your degree is simple when you seek the best and to be among the best.
Salary and Job Outlook Nursing
|Potential Careers for Graduates||Entry Level Annual Wage 2015||Median Annual Wage 2015||Projected Growth Rate 2012-2022||Projected Regional Job Openings 2012-2022|
|Licensed Practical Nurses||$29,910||$39,062||18%||1,040|
|Certified Nursing Assistants||$20,446||$23,795||9%||870|
Degrees and Certificates