Learn why Ridgewater is right for you!Request Information
Massage Therapy Program
Massage therapists can make people happier with just a touch of a finger. Imagine the results with all 10! Massage therapy is a growing complementary healthcare option people seek for preventative wellness and symptom treatment, not just for relaxation anymore.
- Willmar campus
- Fall start
- Afternoon/evening schedule
Skills you will learn
- Swedish Massage
- Therapeutic Techniques
- Myofascial Release
- Hot Stone Therapy
- Gau Sha
- Ear Candling
- Sports Massage
- Full- and Partial-body Massage and Chair Massage
Need a convenient college schedule, in-demand career, and passionate purpose? Look to Ridgewater’s Massage Therapy program. We’ll help you gain a solid science foundation in anatomy, physiology, and pathology. Then you’ll apply it through industry-popular massage and spa techniques in the Ridgewater Student Massage Center to become the confident professional your clients’ respect and appreciate. Learn from an experienced instructor who is also a doctor of chiropractic to gain a broad perspective helpful to you and your clients. Knowing numerous techniques, Ridgewater graduates are prepared to work in a variety of settings. What’s your dream?
Certified by the National Certification Board for Therapeutic Massage (NCBTMB), essential for students who may use their training outside of Minnesota.
Program attributes that help students thrive
- Student-friendly, full-time program schedule: two evenings, some Saturdays for working students
- On-site, hands-on Student Massage Center open to college and community members
- Massage Center client interaction strengthens communication, service and business management skills
- 100% job placement
- Industry-experienced staff current on the latest therapies
- Volunteer hands-on opportunities to support community groups and events
- Small class sizes help build long-lasting friendships and close peer network for the future
Massage therapy is a great career fit for students who are interested in helping people, understanding the human body, and practicing holistic wellness treatments. Good people and communication skills can lead a fulfilling career in this $12 billion-plus service field. Did you know that more than 80% of industry therapists pursued massage as a second career? Perfect!
Salary and Job Outlook Massage Therapy
|Potential Careers for Graduates||Entry Level Annual Wage 2015||Median Annual Wage 2015||Projected Growth Rate 2012-2022||Projected Regional Job Openings 2012-2022|
Degrees and Certificates