Learn why Ridgewater is right for you!Request Information
Auto Body Collision Technology Program
Auto Careers Information Sessions
Explore our state-of-the-art facilities and industry equipment. Meet our experienced faculty, check out our new virtual reality painter, and discover Ridgewater’s automotive programs. We do cars – inside and out!
November 8 & December 13
1:00 – 2:30 pm | Willmar Campus
Fixing cars – it’s what Auto Body Collision Technology is all about! Have a new dent from backing into a tree? We can help. Auto body collision experts have you covered. Ridgewater Auto Body students use state-of-the-art, high-tech equipment like computerized and laser-guided measuring systems and computerized paint mixing systems as they work in four downdraft booths to bake vehicle finishes that last. Our facilities are some of the best in the Upper Midwest. Just ask industry employers!
Program Requirements and Job Outlook
- Willmar campus
- Fall and spring starts
Skills you will learn
- Water borne and solvent-based vehicle painting
- Body and frame straightening
- Body panel repair and replacement
- Plastic, aluminum, and steel repair
- Steel, aluminum, plastic, silicon bronze welding
- Custom vinyl and hydro graphics
- Glass replacement
- Collision repair shop estimating
National champion auto body refinishing skills started right here at Ridgewater for alumni Dylan Ahrndt. He proved his skills and talent at the National Skills USA competition in 2017. When your training program is NATEF-certified and your instructors have earned the highest certifications possible, you are set for success in the auto body refinishing industry as long as you do the work and you choose Ridgewater College.
Ridgewater College’s Auto Body Collision Technology program is NATEF-certified and the instructors are ASE master-certified (with Automotive Service Excellence high standards) in Painting and Refinishing, Non-Structural Analysis & Damage Repair, Structural Analysis & Damage Repair, Mechanical and Electrical Components.
Program attributes that help students thrive
- High-tech industry equipment in a fun learning environment
- Plenty of hands-on, real-world customer vehicle work
- Strong industry affiliations
- Active Auto Body Club
- Potential to become a Pro Level 1 status in nonstructural and refinishing with I-Car while going through the two-year program
- Potential to become an I-Car certified welder
If you are passionate about cars, have an eye for detail, and enjoy hands-on learning and work, a career in auto body repair and refinishing could be the right direction for you!