Healthcare providers are constantly learning. New technology may require new procedures. A new position may require a specific certification or a skills refresher. High-fidelity simulation training can prepare a healthcare team for unique scenarios they seldom see. Whatever the case, Ridgewater’s Customized Training and Continuing Education (CTCE) is your go-source for lifelong learning to care for patients and save lives.
Solutions to meet your needs
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) initial and refresher
The American Heart Association (AHA) ACLS course is for healthcare providers who direct or participate in patient resuscitation in our outside a hospital
- Basic Life Support (CPR) for healthcare providers
Learn to recognize several life-threatening emergencies, give quality chest compressions, deliver appropriate ventilation, and provide early use of an automated external defibrillator
- First Aid
Designed to meet AHA guidelines, this course covers first aid basics or the most common life-threatening emergencies, how to recognize them, how to call for help, and how to perform lifesaving skills
- Hi-fidelity simulation
Healthcare education and training uses new high-fidelity equipment to reflect real-life scenarios for active learning. Simulation provides a safe environment for participants to learn new skills, enhance teamwork, implement policies, and discuss solutions without harming a real patient. Each scenario has unique information for participants to learn or review before and during the activity.
- Acute care scenarios
- Obstetrics scenarios
- Long-term care scenarios
- International Trauma Life Support (ITLS)
Many international agencies and organizations require employees to obtain the ITLS certification. This intensive training prepares you to assess and transport a trauma patient from the scene to a hospital in the best condition possible
- Intravenous Therapy
BLS services can receive a variance for IV therapy through the Emergency Medical Services Regulatory Board. This course will introduce the proper technique for EMTs to perform for IV initiation and maintenance.
- Long-Term Care
Long-term care providers such as nursing assistants and home health aides are in high demand. They are the smiling faces and helpful frontline healthcare workers assisting others with daily living when they can’t do for themselves. Ridgewater’s Customized Training and Continuing Education (CTCE) offers regular CNA and HHA training and certification assessment to help you get started in health care.
Home Health Aide (HHA)
- 1-credit course teaches you to apply nursing assistant skills in a home setting, working for a home health agency
- Prerequisite: 3-credit Nursing Assistant course
Medication administration for unlicensed personnel (TMA)
- Learn the laws, regulations, and rules for administering medication
- Understand side effects and adverse reactions.
Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA)
- Prepare to become a critical member of a long-term care facility, working directly with residents
- Learn basic human physical, mental and social needs; basic nursing and personal care skills; resident rights; and legal and ethical issues
- Train during 55 hours in three weeks of classroom education and 25 clinical hours.
Nursing Assistant refresher
Review your nursing assistant knowledge and skills to renew your certification. Participants must currently hold certification on the Minnesota Nursing Registry or have allowed it to lapse.
Nursing Assistant/HHA written and skills exam
Earn your Nursing Assistant and Home Health Aid certifications by passing the National Nurse Aide Assessment Exam. Scheduled to coincide with campus and community course completion dates. Initial exams and re-takes available – includes written and skills components.
Contact us today to discuss customized training options
Search for open enrollment classes
- Hutchinson and Willmar campuses
- At high schools via contract
- Massage Therapy
Practicing massage therapists can earn continuing education units to expand their expertise or maintain their credential. Explore cupping techniques, instrument-assisted soft tissue mobilization, and more
- Nurse refresher
- Previously licensed registered nurses and licensed practical nurses can review your knowledge of anatomy, physiology, pharmacology, and nursing practices
- This online course concludes with a hands-on, applied clinical rotation
- Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) initial and refresher
Get certified to efficiently and effectively manage critically ill infants and children. Learn to recognize critical events and to assess, manage and resuscitate as needed.
- Pharmacy Technician refresher
Review the theory, safety, and best practices you learned in your initial phlebotomy training to renew your accreditation.