Food Drive on the Hutchinson Campus – NOW through Wednesday, November 20, 2019.
Drop-off boxes will be conveniently located in the concourse.
DECA prepares emerging leaders and entrepreneurs for careers in marketing, finance, hospitality, and management in high schools and colleges around the globe.
In DECA, You Will Become:
- Academically prepared – DECA members are ambitious, high-achieving leaders equipped to conquer the challenges of their aspirations.
- Community-oriented – Recognizing the benefit of service and responsibility to the community, DECA members continually impact and improve their local and broader communities.
- Professionally responsible – DECA members are poised professionals with ethics, integrity, and high standards.
- Experienced leaders – DECA members are empowered through experience to provide effective leadership through goal setting, consensus building, and project implementation.
As an integral part of the classroom curriculum, DECA’s industry-validated competitive events are aligned with the National Curriculum Standards in the career clusters of marketing, business management and administration, finance, and hospitality and tourism.
- A variety of conferences with a focus on leadership and team development
- “What Matters Most” personal and professional time management seminar based on the 7 Habits of Highly Effective People
- Leadership positions from the local through the international levels
- Networking at conferences
- Exclusive online job fair for DECA members
- Management Institutes are dynamic and interactive learning activities focused on strategic decision-making and effective management. Institutes are offered at the International Conference for a variety of industries.
- Members strive to make a difference within their communities
- DECA recognizes service among chapters through the Diamond Chapter Award
Hutchinson Collegiate DECA Officers
President – Andrew Garfunkel
Vice President – Autumn Lindback
Treasurer/Secretary – Angelo Metzger
Historian – Leah Peterson
Community Service Coordinator – Becky Lent