Prairie Woods Environmental Learning Center – Adventure Education Aide
The Adventure Education Aide will work with the Challenge Course Coordinator and other PWELC staff to assist with programming and program maintenance at Prairie Woods Environmental Learning Center.
Duties may include:
- Assist with and teach environmental education classes to youth on topics such as ponds, mammals, and insects.
- Assist with and facilitate group activities on Prairie Woods’ Challenge Course, with high events, climbing walls, and numerous initiative games
- Assist with and supervise recreation activities, including canoeing, orienteering, and geo-caching
- Assist with and lead history programs such as Pioneer Cabin and American Indian History & Cultures
- Assist with materials, equipment, curriculum, and background research
- Help with trail work and stewardship of building & grounds
- Fall/Spring semesters
- Flexible hours
- Average 10- 15 hours/week
- Location: Prairie Woods Environmental Learning Center, 12718 10th St NE, Spicer MN
- 1-2 positions available