Wheel and Cog Children’s Museum – Museum Staff
Museum Staff/Guest Services act as floor staff in the Museum’s gallery and exhibit space, interacting with and engaging children and families at the Museum. Museum Staff are encouraged to help develop activities, sensory tables, hands-on activities and more. Working as part of a team roster, Museum Staff ensure that the Museum’s exhibits are re-set and help ensure that the atmosphere is clean, safe and welcoming. Museum Staff report to the Museum Coordinator.
- Greet visitors and answer questions.
- Provide excellent and enthusiastic customer service.
- Be knowledgeable about Museum exhibits, memberships, events and daily activities.
- Engage Museum visitors in Museum exhibits and activities.
- Set up and maintain exhibits and activities during business hours and at special events (ex: birthday parties) which may include evenings and weekends.
- Ensure a clean and well maintained museum space.
- Responsible for light cleaning in and around the Museum.
- Help direct and guide Volunteers in their Playworker role.
- Conduct observations, surveys, and record visitor data as needed.
- Facilitate or support program delivery, as needed. .
- If assigned, is responsible for Museum’s front desk and café operations, including basic data entry and cash register tasks such as processing admission, membership and merchandise sales.
- Represent the Museum with the highest level of professionalism.
- Perform physical/mental demands in the work environment required for this position.
- Communicate and interact effectively and respectfully with visitors, co-workers, supervisors and individuals from other organizations.
- Enthusiasm and support for Wheel and Cog Children’s Museum of Hutchinson.
- Experience working with children and families and/or interest in a S.T.E.A.M related field is preferred.
- Interest in working with children and families, and as a member of a team.
- Ability to provide excellent customer service to Museum visitors.
- Be self‐motivated and flexible.
- Basic computer skills preferred.
- Job requires exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally and/or negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects.
- Job requires the ability to stand and walk 100% of the time in public indoor and outdoor galleries.
- Job requires stooping, kneeling, crouching and bending.
- Flexibility and availability in schedule are required during the week, including evenings, weekends, and holidays.
- Job requires a high degree of interaction and engagement with others.
- Job requires direct interaction and engagement with children and families.
This non-exempt part‐time position typically ranges between 10 – 20 hours per week. This position is not eligible for benefits, PTO or holiday pay. This position is eligible for overtime.