Long-term care providers such as nursing assistants and home health aides are in high demand. They are the smiling faces and helpful frontline healthcare workers assisting others with daily living when they can’t do for themselves. Ridgewater’s Customized Training and Continuing Education (CTCE) offers regular CNA and HHA training and certification assessment to help you get started in health care.
Solutions to meet your needs
- Home Health Aide (HHA)
- 1-credit course teaches you to apply nursing assistant skills in a home setting, working for a home health agency
- Prerequisite: 3-credit Nursing Assistant course
- Medication administration for unlicensed personnel (TMA)
- Learn the laws, regulations, and rules for administering medication
- Understand side effects and adverse reactions.
- Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA)
- Prepare to become a critical member of a long-term care facility, working directly with residents
- Learn basic human physical, mental and social needs; basic nursing and personal care skills; resident rights; and legal and ethical issues
- Train during 55 hours in three weeks of classroom education and 25 clinical hours.
- Nursing Assistant refresher
Review your nursing assistant knowledge and skills to renew your certification. Participants must currently hold certification on the Minnesota Nursing Registry or have allowed it to lapse.
- Nursing Assistant/HHA written and skills exam
Earn your Nursing Assistant and Home Health Aid certifications by passing the National Nurse Aide Assessment Exam. Scheduled to coincide with campus and community course completion dates. Initial exams and re-takes available – includes written and skills components.
Contact us today to discuss customized training options
Search for open enrollment classes
- Hutchinson and Willmar campuses
- At high schools via contract