Vaccination Information & Incentive
While masking is required for everyone, you do not need to be vaccinated to attend Ridgewater College. However, vaccinations or weekly testing are required for select groups of students including student athletes, student workers/work study students, and students involved in certain extra-curriculars, as well as our faculty and staff. Some clinical sites may also require vaccination which may impact some students. We strongly encourage all students and staff to get vaccinated!
For the convenience of students and staff, we’re hosting free, on-campus vaccination clinics at both of our campuses during Spring Semester 2022. Students who are vaccinated or receive a booster against COVID-19 between August 23, 2021 and May 17, 2022 will receive a $100 vaccine incentive award applied to their account.
Offering Pfizer vaccine and booster. Register for an appointment in Hutchinson
- Feb. 23, 2 – 4 pm, Room 301
Offering Moderna vaccine and booster. Register for an appointment in Willmar
- Tuesday, April 5, 11 am – 1 pm, Room H139
During Fall Semester 2021, a vaccine incentive program was offered to any degree seeking student enrolled in credit based courses who was vaccinated between the dates of August 23, 2021 (start of fall semester) and December 17, 2021. Qualified students received a $100 vaccine incentive award on their account. Students receiving boosters during that time were not eligible for this first incentive cycle.
Now, during Spring Semester 2022, we are expanding and extending the Vaccine Incentive Program for any degree seeking student enrolled in credit based courses who:
- Received a COVID-19 booster since August 23, 2021 (start of Fall Semester)
- Were newly vaccinated against COVID-19 between the dates of December 18, 2021 and May 17, 2022
How to claim the $100:
Send an email to [email protected] with the following information:
- Type “Proof of Vaccination” or “Proof of Booster” as the subject line
- Enter your full name and student ID (8 digits, all numbers) in the email
- Include a statement that says “I received my COVID19 vaccination [or booster shot] on [date]” in the email message
- Attach a photo of your vaccination card or proof of booster
View the recording of our fall semester information session with Dr. Jill Amsberry of CentraCare for information about the COVID vaccine and its benefits. View the recording of our spring information session with Dr. Jill Amsberry with an update and information about the COVID vaccine.
To learn more about vaccines, their efficacy, safety, or to find other vaccination clinics, visit the MDH COVID-19 Vaccine Page