At this time, as of 3/24/21, the application for the CRRSAA Financial Assistance Grants is closed. We have received an abundance of applications for this assistance and we anticipate these funds will be exhausted based on the current number of applicants.
Those who have submitted an application will be notified of their application status within 8-10 business days of their submission date. If you did not qualify for this federal grant and are in need of assistance, please check our Student Resources page for additional options and contact information.
The CRRSAA Financial Assistance Grant was available by application to eligible Ridgewater College students enrolled during Spring Semester 2021. These grants are intended to provide financial assistance toward any component of the student’s cost of college attendance (including tuition, fees, books, housing, food, etc.), for health care costs including mental health, or for unexpected or emergency costs that have arisen due to the COVID pandemic. These are one-time awards of up to $1,000 maximum.
To qualify, students must meet these CRRSAA eligibility requirements:
- Must be a new or returning student actively enrolled for Spring 2021 in any online, hybrid, or face-to-face credit, non-credit or continuing education courses.
- Must be a U.S. citizen or an eligible noncitizen (including a U.S. national or permanent resident) and have a valid Social Security number;
- Have a high school diploma or GED certificate;
- Must NOT BE one of the following:
- Enrolled as Post-Secondary Enrollment Options (PSEO)
- Enrolled via Concurrent Enrollment/College in the Schools
- A senior citizen
- Receiving third-party payment for tuition through an employer
- An undocumented/DACA student
- Currently incarcerated
How to apply
- Our application is very simple and requires minimal information from a student. It requires a login with a student’s [email protected] and starID password.
- Don’t know your StarID or Password? Visit starid.minnstate.edu for assistance.
- Be prepared to explain your financial situation and the amount of financial assistance you need.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Who should have applied for financial assistance grants?
The application is closed as of 3/24/21.
Students should have considered applying for this grant if:
- The student’s household experienced a loss of income due to COVID-19 which has reduced the student’s ability to pay college-related costs such as tuition, food, housing, healthcare or childcare; and/or
- The student’s household incurred additional and/or unexpected expenses due to the COVID-19 pandemic
- Can students apply for this CRRSAA grants if they received CARES Act and/or CRRSAA Pandemic Relief grants?
Yes, if they meet the CRRSAA elgibility requirements listed above. See the main CRRSAA student aid page for more information on the Pandemic Relief portions of CRRSAA student aid.
- How and when will students be notified of their application status?
Students will be notified of their award status via email within 8-10 business days after submitting their application. If awarded, the CRRSAA Financial Assistance Grant will be disbursed as indicated on the student’s application (either applied to an existing account balance or awarded directly via check or direct deposit).
- How will awards be disbursed?
If awarded, checks will be mailed to the student’s permanent address on file if direct deposit has not been set up. Students are encouraged to sign up for Direct Deposit in E-services, under the Financial Aid tab.
- Who should I contact with questions on the CRRSAA Financial Assistance Grant?
If you have questions regarding the CRRSAA Financial Assistance Grant application please reach out to [email protected].