Learn why Ridgewater is right for you!Request Information
Esthetics – Advanced Practice
About the Program
Do you work in an upscale salon, day spa, or medi-spa environment? Maybe you’re a recent Estheology graduate with enough documented experience and you’d like to take the next step? Advance your skills to provide clients additional treatments. More and more clients request customized, preventive and corrective treatments. These help address individual skincare needs to revitalize skin for improved health and appearance.
Ridgewater has expanded its Estheology program to meet the needs of the practicing licensed esthetician or cosmetologist with a new Advanced Esthetics program.
Learn a thorough approach to advanced esthetics using the American Institute of Esthetics curriculum with:
- light therapy treatments
- chemical peels — light to medium depth
- advanced treatment protocols
- pre- and post-medical treatments
- advanced massage techniques including lymphatic drainage
- skin disorders/medical terminology
- spa and alternative therapies
Take your in-depth understanding and experience in esthetics to the next level with advanced skin physiology, machine exfoliation, and more.
You will practice your new skills in the on-site, student Ridgewater Salon and Day Spa as well as during clinical experiences with industry partners. Our Ridgewater program prepares you to take your advanced licensure test.
- You must meet one of the following criteria to be admitted to the program:
- Actively licensed by the Minnesota Board of Cosmetology
- Be an estheology graduate with enough documented experience
- Have completed enough hours and provide a certificate of readiness from your school if currently enrolled in an estheology program
- Ridgewater graduates and current Ridgewater students should contact the Admissions Office to get started. You do not need to reapply for admission in most cases.
- Graduates of other cosmetology institutions or students currently enrolled in estheology programs at other schools should apply online
- Willmar campus
- Summer 2022 start date
- Employers seek Ridgewater’s skilled graduates
- On-site Ridgewater Salon and Day Spa provides hands-on, experiences with services performed by students
- Flexible schedule with just two days a week on campus
- Industry-experienced staff are current with the latest trends
Due to the demand for esthetic products and services, along with growing clientele in the salon industry, projected central Minnesota job growth for skincare specialists is 7.6% for 2018-2028 and nearly 11% in the US.