Learn why Ridgewater is right for you!Request information
Farm Business Management Program
Juniors and Seniors, you’re invited!!
Please join us for the Annual Ag Career Expo Day on Friday, September 27, 2019. Enrollment is limited, so register soon!
Questions? Contact Curt Yoose
Farming is an agricultural business like none other. As such, Ridgewater College’s Farm Business Management program offers a unique, personalized approach for working farmers to learn and apply. Need your daily operations to run smoother? Let us teach you the latest techniques. Ready to try new strategies to maximize profitability? Our experts know best practices that can help you succeed.
- At your farm site
- At our office
- Fall, spring, and summer starts
Skills you will learn
- Balance sheet preparation
- Accurate cash flows
- Record keeping
- Application to farming operations
- Evaluation of farming operations
- Farm Service Agency training requirements
- Goal setting
- Marketing plan creation
- Current options and terminology
- Proper management decisions
- Rural mental health support project
- Tax planning
- Employment issues
- Whole farm and enterprise analysis
- Enterprise management
- Estate planning
- Farm transition planning
- Written business plans
Agricultural education and Ridgewater College go together like bacon and eggs. We know farmers are busy so we bring fresh ideas and best practices directly to you. Our Farm Business Management program is part of Minnesota’s largest two-year Agriculture department at Ridgewater. You will work with our central Minnesota agricultural experts to tackle some of the greatest challenges in farm businesses: management of finances, your enterprise, and marketing. Step-by-step we help you better understand record keeping, budgeting, government programs, computer operations, and farm analysis to maximize your gains and minimize your losses.
Program attributes that help students thrive
- Hands-on, personalized strategy application at your farm
- Convenient, one-on-one instruction arranged regularly around your schedule
- Regional experts who know your community
Farm managers all have personal strengths and challenges in business operation. Let Ridgewater help you discover yours and help you look at your opportunities for improvement with fresh solutions!
Gainful Employment Reports