•STATE-OF-THE-ART ON-SITE SALON AND DAY SPA for
•Graduates are ELIGIBLE FOR LICENSURE through the Minnesota Board of Cosmetologist Examiners
About the Program
Our curriculum includes pre-clinical experience using the leading educational systems in the nail industry. Students will acquire the knowledge and skills necessary to create competition nail applications. Students then perfect the skills learned using state-of-the-art equipment in Ridgewater College’s Salon and Day Spa. Licensing requirements include completing 350 hours of education in a licensed school setting, along with quota amounts, practical experience, and written exams.
Upon completion of the program, the students will have completed all necessary requirements for licensure through the Minnesota Board of Cosmetologist Examiners.
With ever-changing technology in the nail industry, Ridgewater College takes every measure to stay at the forefront of progress by continually reviewing and adjusting course curriculum. We believe that by doing so, students will obtain a greater educational experience and better understanding of the concepts and techniques for a successful, rewarding career in nail technology.
Upon entering the program, students are required to purchase a kit containing equipment, implements, textbooks, workbooks, and materials to perform all services. Also required are nail technology uniforms available at the Ridgewater College Cosmetology department.
Students will learn to:
- Perform spa manicure procedures including hand, arm, foot, and leg massage with reflexology.
- Perform hot oil manicures including warm paraffin treatment.
- Apply artificial nail applications using odor and odorless acrylics.
- Apply tips with acrylic overlays and sculptured nail techniques.
- Apply UV light cured gel lacquers and acrylics.
- Apply flat nail art using nail paints and 3-D nail art using colored acrylics.
- Complete artificial nail applications using professional electric filing procedures.
- Complete fill-in and back-fill procedures for two-week maintenance of acrylic and gel systems.
- Provide business building techniques including booking client appointments, retail sales, marketing products and services.
- Apply nail wraps using nylon, fiberglass and silk for strengthening natural nails.