Hutchinson program now taking applications for August 2018!
Ridgewater College will be offering the Electrician program in Hutchinson, in addition to the classes offered in Willmar, starting in August 2018.
Develop PROBLEM-SOLVING SKILLS through coursework in basic electricity/electronics and applied math
- Complex areas such as MOTOR CONTROLS; SERVICE and TRANSFORMERS
- SPECIALIZED SYSTEMS (generators, fire alarms, security systems, etc.)
- Heating, venting and air conditioning
- ENERGY EFFICIENT lighting and heating/cooling systems
- PHOTOVOLTAIC SOLAR SYSTEMS and power management systems
- GREEN technologies and techniques
- Hands-on experience in wiring NEWLY CONSTRUCTED homes
- HANDS-ON experience using Green products and technologies
- Approved by the Minnesota Department of Labor and Industry as a ONE-YEAR CREDIT towards a CLASS A JOURNEYMAN'S LICENSE
- ACCREDITED by the Department of Labor and Industry, Electrical Licensing, and Inspection Division
- Instructors are Class A Master Electricians with a combined 50 YEARS' EXPERIENCE in industry
- Provides a BROAD KNOWLEDGE BASE to program graduates
- Creates VAST OPPORTUNITIES for GRADUATES in the field of electricity
- LOW tuition rate
About the Program
The Electrician program on Ridgewater’s Willmar campus, and soon in Hutchinson as well, prepares graduates for positions performing electrical work in residential and commercial construction and industrial and maintenance installations in accordance with the National Electric Code. This work includes installations of electrical devices and/or maintenance of existing electrical installations.