Students who enroll in the Computer Support Technology Program and Multimedia Design programs are required to purchase a laptop computer with the following specifications.
Intel® Core i5 as a minimum. Core i7 suggested. See note below regarding AMD.
BIOS must support Virtualization
Windows 7 with Service Pack 1 or Windows 8, 8.1, or Windows 10
8GB of RAM minimum
500GB free hard disk space
- Intel® Core i5 as a minimum. Core i7 suggested.
- Mac OS X v10.10, or v10.11
- 8GB of RAM minimum
- 500GB free hard disk space
• Headset with microphone
• 6’ Ethernet cable
Under no circumstances, can there be less than 8GB of RAM.
BIOS must support virtualization. Most do today, but the student must verify.
Intel processor required for Android programming course.
AMD does NOT work for HAXM virtualization in this course.
Students are free to buy any laptop that meets the above requirements. The college does offer students the ability to purchase HP laptops at educational pricing through BusinessWare. Apple computers can be ordered through the Apple Educational store for current students.
BusinessWare Link: http://www.businesswaresolutions.com/ridgewater-college/
- If students are looking for a different configuration, please contact Dan Kellerman directly at
firstname.lastname@example.org or Direct Dial
320.455.9356. Contact him for tracking information as well.
- Students can change the quantity to 0 if they do not want the warranty uplift. Students can click on ‘update cart’ at the top of the page or just click the ‘place order’ button once they have changed the quantity.
- Once students click on the ‘place order’ button, they will need to click on ‘click here to make a payment’ in order to pay with credit card.
Apple Link: http://store.apple.com/us-hed