- Instructors are CERTIFIED PUBLIC ACCOUNTANTS (CPAs) with
- AAS degree transfers SEAMLESSLY to Southwest Minnesota State
University, Marshall, towards a BAS (Bachelor of Applied Science
- Apply the AAS degree and an additional 24 Ridgewater credits toward
a BA in Business from Concordia University, St. Paul
About the Program
The Ridgewater College Accountant and Accountant Technician programs offer three diplomas and an AAS degree to provide various levels of accounting education.
Student outcomes include:
- Completion of a financial accounting cycle
- Preparation of financial & cost-variance reports
- Payroll reports & spreadsheets
- Individual income tax returns
- Utilization of accounting software
Courses emphasize the development of analytical skills and provide a good foundation for a variety of business positions. Some courses are offered over Interactive Television (ITV) from the Hutchinson campus, Willmar campus, and St. Cloud Technical College. Ridgewater instructors are Certified Professional Accountants (CPAs) with industry experience.
Students completing the AAS degree are eligible for:
- RAP certification (Registered Accounting Practitioner). RAPs are licensed by the State of Minnesota as qualified to provide accounting services to the public. Successful completion of the ACAT exam and work experience is required.
- BAS degree through Southwest Minnesota State University
- The AAS in Accounting is accepted into the Bachelor of Applied Science program in Business Administration at SMSU. Courses are offered online and via ITV on both Ridgewater campuses.