Education for Global Learning presents
Spring Semester 2016 in Alajuela, Costa Rica
January 23 – March 19, 2016
Facilitated by Ridgewater College
In partnership with Education for Global Learning (EGL)
and the Instituto de Culturo y Lengua Costarricense (ICLC)
Spanish (level based on individual assessment) 4 credits (Goal 8) Culture of Costa Rica 4 credits (Goals 6 & 8)
Psychology of Adjustment 3 credits (Goals 5 & 9)
International Study of Literature 3 credits (Goals 6 and 8)
Students must take all of the above courses for a total of 14 credits.
Classes in Costa Rica are held on the campus of the Instituto de Cultura y Lengua Costarricense (ICLC), a private Spanish language institute. Visit their website at http://www.iclc.ws/
All Spanish courses are taught by native Costa Rican teachers. Placement tests will be given upon arrival in Costa Rica. The transfer curriculum courses are taught in English by MNSCU faculty.
Students will live with families in Alajuela, Costa Rica. All families are carefully screened and selected by ICLC. Students will be matched with families based on the information that they provide on their ICLC application.
All students will have their own room and will be provided with breakfast and dinner daily.
PROGRAM FEE: $7,500 (approximate—based on 15 students)
Apply and make your down payment early and SAVE $200 overall if submitted by October 1.
- Ridgewater College tuition and books
- Host family meet and greet at airport; transfer from the San José airport to home stay
- Travel insurance
- Private room in a Costa Rican home
- Daily breakfast and dinner while in home stay
- Local excursions
- Airfare to and from Costa Rica
- Personal expenses
- Health insurance
- Costa Rican departure tax of approximately $29 is payable at the San José airport (pending)
- Anything not specified as included in the program
For more information, contact your campus EGL representative or