About the Scholarship
Ridgewater College is excited to announce its partnership in a $5 million Scholarship in STEM (S-STEM) grant to provide scholarships to students at Ridgewater College, Anoka-Ramsey Community College, North Hennepin Community College, St. Cloud Technical and Community College and St. Cloud State University. The partnership will recruit and support academically high-achieving students who are interested in pursuing a STEM-related degree in Science, Technology, Engineering, or Mathematics.
The $5 million grant from the National Science Foundation will provide support for students over the next five years. Of the 1,536 active National Science Foundation S-STEM grants, only 1 percent are funded for more than $4 million, which means the ACCESS STEM consortium is among the top 1 percent of grants by funding. It is also the first multi-institution project funded by an S-STEM grant in Minnesota.
How to Apply
- Students who receive a scholarship their first year will be eligible for a second-year scholarship as well.
- Students are eligible to receive $7,500 per year for the two years that they are at Ridgewater College.
- Students choosing to transfer to St. Cloud State University upon completion of an AS degree from Ridgewater are eligible for an additional two-year scholarship.
1. Apply to Ridgewater College
2. Apply for Financial Aid
- MUST have complete FAFSA prior to applying. Ridgewater's college code is 005252.
3. Apply for the STEM Scholarship
- Applications are due May 29, 2018.
View an instructional VideoApplicants will Need
- Click on the apply for STEM Scholarship link. Then click on the Admissions tab at the bottom of the login window.
- Click on "click here to create your account."
- Complete the profile information. Use an email you have easy access to and a password you can remember. Passwords must be between 6 and 12 characters and may contain numbers or special characters.
- High school GPA and relevant test score information
- An essay describing your academic and career goals. Describe how you intend to accomplish your goal, and describe at least one past experience where you overcame an obstacle to achieving a goal and how that experience will help you accomplish your future goals. Your essay should be approximately 500 words. lIt should be typed any stored as either a word document (.doc or .docx) or Adobe Acrobat (.pdf) file.
- Two letters of recommendation from previous teachers or school counselors. One of the letters should be from a science, technology, engineering, or math teacher who had you in class.
Ridgewater STEM degrees