There are just 6 simple steps to enroll:
- Apply for Admission (see instructions below)
- Apply for Financial Aid
- Take the Accuplacer Assessment unless you have scored a 22 or above in Math and 21 or above in reading subtest on the ACT (ACT is not required by Ridgewater)
- Attend an OAR Day (Orientation-Advising-Registration)
- Register for Classes
- Pay Tuition and Get Your Books!
Registration as Visiting Student – Admitted to another college within the Minnesota State system
Ridgewater College allows students who are currently admitted at another system college or university to enroll as a visiting student. A visiting student shall not be required to submit an application for admission to Ridgewater College, and is not a candidate for a degree, diploma or certificate at Ridgewater College. A visiting student may enroll for a maximum of 18 credits per semester at Ridgewater College, provided that the student's total number of enrolled credits at all system colleges and universities shall not exceed 22 in any semester per MNSCU policy. Financial Aid is not available to visiting students, but may be available at the college or university at which the student is accepted.
Registration as Visiting Student – Not Admitted to another college within the Minnesota State system
Ridgewater College allows students who are not currently admitted as a student at any system college or university to enroll for a maximum of 18 credits per semester at Ridgewater College without submitting an application for admission. A visiting student is not a candidate for a degree, diploma or certificate at Ridgewater College. A visiting student is not eligible to receive financial aid.
Visiting student provisions
- Visiting students shall satisfy Ridgewater College course prerequisites.
- Visiting students who have an enrollment hold due to conduct or satisfactory academic progress must submit an appeal following the Ridgewater College Satisfactory Academic Progress Policy
- Students who have an enrollment hold from another system college or university due to outstanding financial obligations will be denied enrollment at Ridgewater College
- Visiting Student registration window will be published online at www.ridgewater.edu.
- Ridgewater College may limit enrollment of visiting students in high demand courses.
Apply to Ridgewater
Applications are being taken for the following start dates:
- Spring Semester 2018 - January 8 - May 11, 2018
- Summer Semester 2018 - May 29 - August 3, 2018
- Fall Semester 2018 - August 27 - December 21, 2018
The online application for each semester will be available until the first day of that semester.
Applying early is important to be sure you have time to complete all necessary steps so you will be able to register for the classes you need.
The financial aid process takes 4 to 6 weeks. You cannot apply for financial aid until you have applied to the college. Apply for financial aid before the financial aid priority date if you want to receive your award letter before the start of the semester when payment is due.
Any documents requested by Admissions need to be submitted. After we review your application, we may ask for more information or documents, such as a high school transcript or GED.
Technical and career programs fill up. Increase your chances of getting into the program you want by applying early. If you meet the acceptance requirements for the program but it is full, you will be put on a waiting list and can take elective or general education requirements while waiting.
You will have a wider choice of classes when you register. Individual courses have limited seating. Apply early so you can sign up for the classes that best fit your schedule.
Give yourself more time to study for, take and perhaps retake placement assessments.
Less stress for you! Get accepted and registered early so you can celebrate and get ready to start.
How to Apply
Access the online application. If you need the application form in a different format, please contact the Admissions Office at 800-722-1151.
Follow all instructions for completion and submission. We will contact you to notify you if you've been accepted to the college and/or if there is additional information that we need.